Have you been inspired by our new Laundry collection and now want to renovate your laundry but have no idea where to begin? We’ve got you covered. We’ve put together some helpful tips to get you started on planning your new Laundry!
Space and Style
How do you use your space?
- Is your Laundry a one stop shop for the all family’s washing? Could a hidden hamper help tidy this up?
- Do you need to store the kids sporting equipment or the dogs Christmas costume, could a tall cabinet or drawers help?
- Is your Laundry a separate room or part of the garage – could wall to wall layout work or do you need an open end?
Choose A Style
- Have a look at the style in the rest of your house, we recommend carrying your design from the bathroom or kitchen into your Laundry for a cohesive feel throughout the home.
- Don’t be afraid to be bold! Laundries don’t have to be all white!
- Do you have gorgeous plants or colourful towels that you would like to keep on display, our open shelves let you incorporate these into your laundry style.
Made to Measure
One of the most important steps in the laundry renovation process is ensuring you get correct measurements for your space.
To help with this we’ve put together a helpful list of things to measure so you can be sure you’re not forgetting anything important.
What to Measure
- The size of your washing machine and dryer. This one seems obvious, but it’s always best to check how much room you need for these, as dimensions can vary greatly between models.
- Wall-to-wall. You want overall measurements of the entire room. Don’t forget to allow for tiles if the walls haven’t been tiled yet.
- Size and location of doors and windows. Also note how much room they need to open. Will you be able to fit in wall cabinets or do you need only floor?
- Waste and/or pipe positions.
- Location of existing and future power points and light fixtures.
- Are your walls level/flat – will you need a packer to get a smooth finish
- Any other room features, like radiators, roof access points, etc.
Looking for Laundry Renovation Melbourne? We have been providing exceptional, budget-friendly renovation services for many years all over Melbourne and surrounding suburbs. Contact us for affordable services.
If you are at Clayton, below is the best way to visit us.